Use This Guide as Your Starting Point Each Day
Alternating routines adds additional cognitive stimulation!
- On Mondays, begin with Arm Stretches.
- On Tuesdays, begin with Knee Lifts.
- On Wednesdays, begin with Big Hugs.
- On Thursdays, begin with Foot Circles.
- On Fridays, begin with Air Boxing.
- On Saturdays and Sundays, pick your own starting point.
There are 5 different exercises within this Motion Exercise.
- Sit up as straight as possible without straining.
- Lift both arms above the head as high as you can.
- Spread all your fingers open as wide as possible then open and close both fists 10 times.
- Spread your fingers open again and keep them open during the leaning and swaying moves.
- Lean as far to the left as you comfortably and safely can and hold the lean for a count of 5.
- Repeat the left lean 10 times.
- Follow the same instructions but lean to the right 10 times.
- Now, with your fingers still stretched open, sway from left to right 10 times.
- Lift your left knee up and hold it for a count of 5.
- Lift your right knee up and hold it for a count of 5.
- Now alternate lifting the left and right knees for a count of 10 times while holding for a count of 5 in between lifts.
- Wrap your arms around your shoulders and squeeze yourself in a big hug.
- Hold the squeeze for a count of 5 and release.
- Relax your arms at your side.
- Shake your shoulders 5 times.
- Repeat the Big Hugs exercise 10 times.
- Raise your left foot off the ground at a height that is comfortable for you.
- Point your toes outward and rotate your foot to the left 10 times.
- Repeat the rotation to the right 10 times.
- Switch to the right leg and repeat the steps.
- Bend both arms in towards your chest.
- Make fists in both hands.
- Starting with the left arm, extend it out in front of you as if you are boxing.
- Bring in the left arm as you extend the right arm.
- Continue alternating arms for a count of 20.
- Do not actually hit anyone during the exercise!